When you work a desk job, you know you spend hours and hours sitting in front of a computer. Would it surprise you to learn that someone who works 40 hours a week would spend about 1,900 hours at that desk and in that chair in one year? That’s what makes it critical to choose pre-owned office chairs that meet ergonomic standards.
How do you find the right chair? These features are essential:
- Adjustable Levers — People come all different sizes, but chairs don’t. With levers, you can change that chair to accommodate your body. Adjust the seat, arms, and back, so you feel comfortable sitting in that chair for hours at a time.
- Support for Your Lower Back — When sitting for long periods, your back needs support in the lumbar region to avoid strain. Look for a chair with adjustable support so you can make it accommodate your lower back. Back strain over time can lead to sciatica.
- Swivel Movement — You want to be able to reach all areas of the desk without strain. Having a chair that swivels allows you to turn the chair to reach the farthest edges.
- Wheels on the Base — Even though you’re sitting, you still need to have access to move around in your chair. This is why pre-owned office chairs with wheels are superior to one with four legs.
You and your employees might spend a lot of time doing work at your desks. That means you want to make sure that the chairs everybody is sitting on are attractive as well as comfortable. So it would be best if you chose the new or pre-owned office chairs that are right for your space. There are five key factors to look for when making your selections:
- Lumbar Support – Your lower back can take a beating when you are sitting in a chair for long periods. A good office chair is one that provides an adjustable lumbar support system. This can help you and your employees avoid painful complications over time.
- Adjustability – Almost any type of office chair you will look at allows for height and arm adjustments. That isn’t the only thing you want to look for, though. You want to look for chairs with five or more changes. This allows you and your employees to customize your sitting experience fully.
- Wheel Base – What type of flooring do you have in your office? Hardwood, laminate, and carpet floors all require different types of wheels to function correctly. You will want to make sure that the wheel you choose works well with your space.
- Swivel Base – Any office chair you purchase should be able to swivel freely. When you are in the middle of the workday, you will appreciate not having to strain as much thanks to the freedom of the swivel.
- Fabric – Finding the right type of fabric for your chair will help you avoid getting overheated or uncomfortable after hours of sitting on it. You will also want to make sure that there is enough cushion support.
What is the most numerous piece of furniture in an office? If you answered chairs, you are right.
Think about it; there is at least one chair at each desk, and sometimes more. Then there are chairs around each conference table. (We are not even counting chairs in the break room or reception area.) Those numbers quickly add up and so can the bill if you buy brand new chairs, but a smart and effective option for furnishing your office and conference room is pre-owned office chairs.
The conference room is where meetings happen, and executives make decisions that drive the company forward. They want to focus on the task at hand, not on the chairs they are sitting in, so make sure you have the best possible chairs in place. Comfortable and supportive chairs are the key, and, of course, it certainly helps if all of the chairs match.
The other crucial element in a conference room is the very focal point — the table. It needs to be big enough to comfortably fit everyone in the meeting with room left over for visitors or guests. The table also needs to convey the mindset of your office; for example, a law firm is going to want a stately looking table, while a computer gaming company is likely going to follow a more whimsical and modern path.
Add the right communications equipment like a computer, projector, and conference-calling phone, and you are in business.
Pre-owned office chairs are an effective solution for furnishing your workplace. Find the pieces you need for your business at Ergo Office Furniture LLC.