You and your employees might spend a lot of time doing work at your desks. That means you want to make sure that the chairs everybody is sitting on are attractive as well as comfortable. So it would be best if you chose the new or pre-owned office chairs that are right for your space. There are five key factors to look for when making your selections:
- Lumbar Support – Your lower back can take a beating when you are sitting in a chair for long periods. A good office chair is one that provides an adjustable lumbar support system. This can help you and your employees avoid painful complications over time.
- Adjustability – Almost any type of office chair you will look at allows for height and arm adjustments. That isn’t the only thing you want to look for, though. You want to look for chairs with five or more changes. This allows you and your employees to customize your sitting experience fully.
- Wheel Base – What type of flooring do you have in your office? Hardwood, laminate, and carpet floors all require different types of wheels to function correctly. You will want to make sure that the wheel you choose works well with your space.
- Swivel Base – Any office chair you purchase should be able to swivel freely. When you are in the middle of the workday, you will appreciate not having to strain as much thanks to the freedom of the swivel.
- Fabric – Finding the right type of fabric for your chair will help you avoid getting overheated or uncomfortable after hours of sitting on it. You will also want to make sure that there is enough cushion support.