You and your employees might spend a lot of time doing work at your desks. That means you want to make sure that the chairs everybody is sitting on are attractive as well as comfortable. So it would be best if you chose the new or pre-owned office chairs that are right for your space. There are five key factors to look for when making your selections:
- Lumbar Support – Your lower back can take a beating when you are sitting in a chair for long periods. A good office chair is one that provides an adjustable lumbar support system. This can help you and your employees avoid painful complications over time.
- Adjustability – Almost any type of office chair you will look at allows for height and arm adjustments. That isn’t the only thing you want to look for, though. You want to look for chairs with five or more changes. This allows you and your employees to customize your sitting experience fully.
- Wheel Base – What type of flooring do you have in your office? Hardwood, laminate, and carpet floors all require different types of wheels to function correctly. You will want to make sure that the wheel you choose works well with your space.
- Swivel Base – Any office chair you purchase should be able to swivel freely. When you are in the middle of the workday, you will appreciate not having to strain as much thanks to the freedom of the swivel.
- Fabric – Finding the right type of fabric for your chair will help you avoid getting overheated or uncomfortable after hours of sitting on it. You will also want to make sure that there is enough cushion support.
Most office workers need a desk to perform their job efficiently and effectively. But with new and pre-owned desks that come in so many different shapes, styles, and designs, how do you know which one is the right one? Here are some of the main things to think about when it comes to choosing the right desk for your office space:
- Identify How the Desk will be Used – Does the job mostly require computer work, paperwork, or a combination of the two. By understanding how your staff will use the desk sill makes it easier to decide if you need one with wiring holes, large surface spaces, or specific shapes.
- Ergonomics & Space – How many desks do you need? How much space do you have to work with? When you think about these two questions, you can begin to figure out how to keep your employees comfortable at their desks while maximizing your office space.
- Choosing a Desk Surface – There are many different types of desk surfaces, and each has its own unique benefits. A laminate desk surface, for example, can withstand daily use and abuse. A wood desk, on the other hand, adds wonderful elegance to your space but requires more care.
Decorating your business not only creates a more welcoming atmosphere for any of your clients, but it also helps to keep your employees comfortable and productive. The best way to make sure your office is ready for business is to ensure that your space has the right type and amount of furniture located throughout it.
Filling your space with new and used office furniture doesn’t have to be a challenge either. Just take some time to explore the different stores around your area and discuss your needs with the staff. A good furniture store will usually have designers on staff capable of helping you work out the best combination of desks, filing cabinets, and other fixtures to fit your unique business needs.
Furthermore, by purchasing a combination of new and used furniture, you are able to maximize your budget and ensure that you do not lack any of the essentials you need for your office. Remember, most customers expect to see a fully furnished office when they are working with an established business. Seeing anything less than that might cause them to doubt the legitimacy of your business or the experience of you and your staff. This can end up costing you clients.
While more and more paperwork is being stored digitally, most offices today still have a reliance on classic paper documents. In many situations, these documents need to be in a secure location that is easy to look through when a specific document is required. One of the best ways to do that is to find the right new and used office file cabinets to fit your particular needs and space.
There are five significant steps that you should consider when you are looking to organize your filing system better. They include:
- Assess Personal & Office Habits – The very first step is to think about which employees need access to your paper files, where these employees are located, and what sort of filing system works best for their area of the office.
- Decide on a Filing System – Before you start putting paperwork away in the filing cabinets, you should consider how you want to file the documents so that they are easy to search through. You might consider registering things alphabetically, numerically, or in a way that makes the best sense for your business.
- Calculate Your Storage Needs – The more files you have, or will have, should dictate how much filing space you purchase. Remember to think about both your current needs as well as your long-term ones so you don’t have to redesign things shortly down the road.
- Invest in a Good Labeling System – By labeling your files in an efficient and effective manner, you can cut down just how much time it takes to find the paperwork you are looking for at any given time.
- Purchase File Folders – One of the best investments you can make outside of buying the filing cabinets themselves is to purchase file folders. Colored hanging folders make it easy for you to browse large rows of files to get right where you need to go.
When your employees are at work, many of them like to feel like they have their own unique space. Individual offices aren’t always cost-effective, depending on the amount of people working for you, which means the next best solution is pre-owned cubicles.
“But I’ve never heard an employee say how much they love cubicles before.” This is something that you are more likely to see the immediate benefit in rather than your employees on the floor. By purchasing your cubicles pre-owned, you are able to save money on your bottom-line while still delivering the individualized space your employees crave.
Some of the different reasons employees love cubicles include:
- The Ability to Brainstorm with Others – Since cubicles are more open than individual offices, it is easier for your employees to interact with each other to come up with quick ideas to put into practice.
- Easier to Keep Things Organized – A designated desk and space means your employees are able to keep their paperwork and other essential materials together in an organized way.
- An Increase in Motivation – Having your own space, while also not feeling isolated, is a big motivator for many employees.
- The Opportunity to Decorate – Since cubicles have walls, it allows your employees to add their own style to their space, which can boost morale.
- The Ease of Meeting New People – The open concept of many cubicles encourages your teams to interact with each other, which can boost morale as well as inter-team communication.
- Privacy When You Need It – Unlike an open-concept office space, a cubicle allows employees to stay focused on their work and ignore outside distractions when necessary.
When you are first opening your office or are looking to expand its size, you don’t just need to pay attention to the size of your floor plan – you also need to make sure that space is maximized using the right types of furniture in the right locations. So make sure that you are going to the best place to buy office furniture. The key is to choose a company that can help you stay on budget while delivering the best quality furnishings for your layout.
From desks and cubicles to filing cabinets and storage spaces, it is essential to think about the different needs you and your employees have when it comes to furnishing your office. By discussing these things with a friendly and knowledgeable salesperson, you are able to better understand what type of new or used furniture you should choose as well as how it will work practically in your office pace.
While there are plenty of stores with reasonable prices, a store that is able to deliver personalized service is the one you want to choose. These stores can feel like a rare breed in today’s impersonal world, which means if you find one, then you should stick with them. This helps you avoid buying items that end up not fitting with the design ideas you have in mind.
When it comes to redesigning your office, changing its layout, color scheme, and other details is only the beginning. You have to make it comfortable for you and your employees. Complete this efficiently by shopping for new and used office furniture that works with your new design. At Ergo Office Furniture, you can find all kinds of high-quality, stylish pieces to fill out your space. Whether you’re looking for tables, chairs, bookcases, credenzas, or desks, they have you covered.
For those on a budget, purchasing pre-owned furniture is the way to go. These pieces are typically priced more affordably, which means you don’t have to worry about breaking the bank to afford them. Ergo Office Furniture offers used desks, chairs, filing cabinets, and even cubicles for customers to buy. Each product has been inspected to ensure it is in good condition.
Once you have the pieces that you need for your commercial space, arranging is the next step. New and used office furniture can be placed in different configurations to make work areas functional and more efficient. There are so many products to choose from when you shop with Ergo Office Furniture. Turn to them to find items for you to complete your remodeling project. They also offer space planning for your project.
While the looks of offices have changed throughout the years, a staple that hasn’t changed is the need for storage. The 21st-century office needs used office file cabinets. These pieces of furniture are a necessity because they help you manage essential paperwork easily. They will last for many years, giving you the ability to maintain records for quite some time.
These pieces are perfect for modern offices because they give customers the ability to keep physical copies of files handy. Additionally, they are great options for safeguarding relevant paperwork that you want to file digitally. They also have the following advantages:
- Reduces Clutter
- Keeps Offices More Organized
- Holds Large Amounts of Files
- Locking Versions Available
Finding used office file cabinets for your location is simple when you turn to Ergo Office Furniture. This company is known for its pre-owned furniture because they carry a wide variety of well-made storage cabinets. By investing in file cabinets, you can make sure your office is equipped with everything you and your employees will need to store essential documents. Consider adding them to your workspace today!
Seating varies a great deal in style and material, depending on its use. When choosing commercial office furniture, it’s essential to have a well-thought-out plan for design and selection before you purchase. Working with a trusted supplier helps you to find furniture that suits the needs of the space and those using it.
For example, buying chairs for the break room takes careful consideration. Are you looking for break room sets, such as tables and chairs for eating lunch and chatting with co-workers? Or, are you interested in comfortable chairs for conversation? It’s possible to find all of these options at the same place, along with knowledgeable recommendations, to reduce the time you spend shopping.
Break area options are available as tables and matching chairs, and even matching benches. You want this room to be a place employees can enjoy lunch, a snack, or a conversation. Then, too, you might want to include armchairs in break areas. This allows workers to relax and reflect or chat with co-workers in comfort.
Making sure your employees have dedicated spaces with the right furniture shows consideration and contributes indirectly to the bottom line. After all, workers who have the time and space to relax are more productive and efficient.
As a business owner, you want the design of your office space to be attractive, functional, and efficient. You want it to serve the purpose of fostering collaboration, yet offer suitable rooms for those who handle sensitive information, as well as employees taking a break. You can accomplish all of these goals with good design and the careful selection of office furniture.
These days, pre-owned cubicles provide an economical option to promote an open office environment. With cubicles, employees have their individual work stations surrounded on three sides by walls of varying heights. This provides both a sense of privacy and openness that is conducive to working productively, as well as collaboratively.
Yet another consideration is your employees. After all, they’re the people who’ll be spending at least eight hours a day in these spaces. Ask yourself these questions when selecting office furniture:
- Is the furniture comfortable and functional? This applies to desks and chairs, as workers remain in these stations for a large part of each day.
- Does the style and color of the furniture fit into the space you want to create? This refers to the image your company wants to project.
- Is the furniture a good deal? You want durability and affordability built into the workstations.
A reputable and reliable company can offer you plenty of options, as well as advice. Such a company can prove to be the best place to buy office furniture.